Skip to main content

A PRAYER FOR CHANGE


I don't how many of you feel this way inside. I don't know what spiritual battle is going within you, the truth is you are not alone. We all are in this together, like it or not, believe it or not, we all have our spiritual battles to contend with. A battle of self actualization, meaning, and divine purpose.

We definitely need Divine assistance.

It takes a lot for man to realize his mistakes, but to change is really a great deal
I’ve been bad to myself and to the people around me
I know what I’m to do, but doing it is hard
I have played all my cards and got nothing
That’s why Father I’ve come to Thee for one thing
I have prayed, you’ll say not hard enough
I have fasted, you say not with my heart
I do read my bible; you say it’s always in a rush
This time around I do not want to do it alone
I can’t do it by myself; One thing I do ask of you Heavenly Father
I need your COMPASSION.

My spirit’s willing but my flesh won’t commit
I have tried and tried, but still it refuses to submit
As I am, I am torn in between two worlds
The world of the carnal and the realm of the Spirit
I try to conform my body, but it seems like the devil beats me to it
I am a different person inside and outside
I know there is a battle going on inside of me, my soul the price of victory
Lord knows and I know I don’t want to be damned
But I can’t do it by myself, as I recall I have already tried it
Father I ask for only one thing
I need your MERCY.

 Many a time I want to do good, instead I find myself doingwrong
I always want to be in church, most times I find my body still in bed
I do want to pray, but my mind is always quick to drift
I always try to stay focused on You, but my eyes are too quick to shift
I desperately need You Lord!
I do not want to be conformed to this world of vanity
Instead I want to be renewed by your word and your Spirit
Abba Father, give me Thy GRACE.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DESIGNING RESPONSIVE LOGOS

If you are here for the first time, you can get up to speed reading our previous post on what responsive logo is- Moving on! This article is not just for advanced or seasoned graphic designers alone. Starting your first designing class or DIY learning? If yes, you can also pick a few things to add to your knowledge as you plan on using your designing skills in the industry playground. How to design a responsive logo in FIVE easy steps 1. Make at least four different versions When you break down a responsive logo, you’ll find three or four different versions of the same logo, varying in size and their level of detail. Keep that in mind as you start experimenting with the format. If you already know where you are going to use your logos, you can model your four versions around those locations. If not, you can copy the format used by the top name brands on the right. Your first variation should be your master logo, containing all the information you want to communicate, plus any ex...

KNOW THY SOURCE

Knowledge is power, and information is knowledge, and one can say information is power. More important is the source of knowledge or the information, and in every aspect of life it holds meaning and significance in our lives. The authenticity of the knowledge that is sought sharpens ones minds, builds ones character, and determines ones destiny. Having pointed that out, I have an experience to share. The scriptures make us to understand the people of God which was Israel at the time perished due to lack of knowledge. Simply put the people did not have adequate and true information or knowledge about their God and even if they did they rejected the truth. They often times let their selves be deceived by false teachings and the unbelievers around them. They began to indulge in the ungodly acts that God had instructed them not to do.  The scriptures also implore us as Christians to study the word of God to show ourselves approved and to rightly divide the word of truth. To expand...

MY BEARD GANG CHRONICLE PT 1

Not been post trendy for a long while. The fact that my country has been going through different phases of political, social, and economical changes, I myself included. Man must chop, living the good life is very much on my priority list. One thing you don't know about me is that I like my hair well and fully grown before taking it down again, and by hair I mean scalp and facial hair. This for a very long time has been an issue with me and my mom. It has always been 'war of the words' when it came to that aspect. On my good days I can form 'not hearing' for as long as I'm ready to then take my hair down. But recently, experience has taught me that when a woman wants something done or likes something done in a particular way there's nothing you can pretty much do about it. The longer you stay adamant, the more irritated you become as a man because they won't stop...My mom will be like 'have you checked the mirror?', she goes on to say ' y...