Skip to main content

A MATTER OF OPINION



I am a stickler for decency and morals, so disgusted by indecent exposure and dressing, male and female alike. Particularly, in the areas of dressing/fashion, body art, and piercing. In other not to be misquoted, everyone is entitled to their own understanding of values and lifestyle.
Many times, I’m in a bus and a lady enters and lo and behold as she bends into the bus, in this part of the country you know how low you can get when boarding a public bus, rickety old and messed up inside. Anyway, she was boarding the bus and had to stoop to enter; as she did the entire passengers could see her butt cheeks all the way down to her crack. On top of that her blouse was short, the situation got worse as elderly folk’s always had something to comment about. While the ‘new’ generations see such almost as a norm and that’s where the problem lies. We as young people are beginning to adopt certain norms of other civilizations that speak bad image. I mean this is AFRICA, we are bound by culture, discipline and morals, and most of all we have sense of moderation. What a western would do and feel free with and comfortable with, it is very difficult for us to admit to overlook. But recently the ideology and perception of ‘it’s a free world’ has already settled in on our own reasoning that we see nothing wrong with such, that a girl could leave her parents’ house with bum shorts, transparent pants and short nasty gowns and parade her endowments to the public. When the onlookers get a feast on, they start cursing and looking disgusted at them hence the term perversion.
The most annoying part of it all is the ignorance that comes with this new culture of body exposure, and that is when they (ladies) where undersized stuff then feel uncomfortable outside. For me that’s the height of stupidity, and it’s very annoying. For instance a girl wears a short blouse and a drop down jeans and decides to take a bike as transport, as she’s enjoying the ride so to speak it is very obvious of the discomfort she feels, WHY?, because the blouse is too short and is already revealing the waist line, then her new drop down fashion trend gives passers-by a peep into her private life. The most surprising part about all this is that the jeans drags everything along with it including your panties, and then you see them pulling and adjusting and they have that face like ‘ooh shit, I didn’t know it was this short’ . I do not always detect these things, one does not need to be on the lookout, it usually happens meaning it’s always in ‘your face’ (for all those who like to judge). Personally, I hate loose dressing, indecent exposure, and I never fail to correct or speak my mind to those I know close to me who has inculcated that kind of lifestyle/habit. Still, you let it all out; don’t look at me like that!
Guys! Not so fast.  When I was kid back in the day mostly in high school days I’d love to sag my shorts down in junior class, then upgraded to my trousers in my senior days. I must admit then it was cool, hippy one could say then but I quickly grew out of it, at a point it started being senseless, then(in high school) we did it for the girls,  with bounce-stepping to compliment the display of our waist line. Good thing was we did tuck in then. Nowadays, this sagging trend has become a nuisance rather than an expression. That a man (Key Word: Man) would drop his pants so low beyond is waist to come to rest on his butt, and in extreme cases way below the butt displaying the color of your underpants. I know we all want to be rappers and guys with swags but to think to add class to that you are definitely on cloud nine. I for one think most guys get stuck in their fantasy of TV fashion and lifestyle and aspiration of being a wannabe gangster.
One other dress code I find very unnecessary personally as a guy is the ‘show off’ belt trend. That dress sense is so senseless that I find it hard to comprehend why most guys do it. For instance a guy is opportune to wear a display belt maybe with his name imprinted on the belts’ head. This is what he does; he wears his shirt, pants and shoes (belt at the waist). Then all of a sudden he gets confused as to whether he tucks in or allows the shirt to fly out just because he wants the world to know he’s wearing a customized piece of metal on his waist line. I’m like, dude tuck the shirt and be proud about it or let it all down if you feel it’s not that a big deal for you to want to show it off, rather than telling everyone ‘hey! That’s the only good thing I find pleasing on my body today’. Sometimes you wonder why ladies do not take you serious. Do not be deceived by entertainment, like the word its ‘Entertainment’ it’s either you are responsible as you choose to be or not. It’s time to Grow Up.

As for body art errrrm, honestly I like tattoos. Yes I said it! But that doesn’t mean I’d put it on my body (wanted it one time). Reason because I dislike marks on my skin. The few injuries I have incurred over the years of my development I hate personally. Then why would I want to intentionally tattoo something, some word, some image on my skin? The thought doesn’t please me one bit. And ultimately my faith as a Christians forbids it. But I do admire when I see some on other persons, while some are just too excessive and disgusting. But the one that baffles me the most is dark persons getting tattoos on their already black skin, I’m like what are you trying to beautify? Something I’d have to use glasses to see or strain my eyes to pick out. That is just so unnecessary. As for body piercing…….. Any piercing apart from your ears as a lady (maximum of 2) I don’t dig. As for guys, I don’t know why I would want to look like a woman: End of story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

LOVE OR MONEY: WHICH COMES FIRST?

Love a very universal human language, and also a universal feeling.   We feel love anywhere and everywhere, for someone or everyone. In this publication we’ll be looking at Love and Money in relationships amongst couples and lovers. Love is a strong feeling of affection, a feeling of strong conviction that someone feels the same way we do.   Unfortunately, in our world of today love has been redefined with exceptions, and variables you would say.   Some examples of variables we can say age, money, tribe, and so on....   But we will be looking at a very and more crucial issue- Love and Money. Today love is usually equated with money, in other words, no money, no love.   By surprise this definition of love is the common trend these days. I have talked with people who said she can’t go out with a guy who can’t or don’t have money (spend money in the sense of Luxury), and it got me thinking if there were no anomalies maybe guys of average class won’t even get a chance to go on a

The Call To Repentance

Luke 9:23-25 Accepting Christ means dying to the world, and dying to the flesh. Dying to the  lust of earthly desires and vanity. Accepting and following Christ means acknowledging your weakness and frailty knowing that you're not perfect; to be confident and totally dependent on God for in Him there is life everlasting. What will it profit you to toil and gather riches, power and wealth only to die without knowing Jesus Christ without believing in his sacrifice and without fulfilling your divine purpose. Jesus calls us to live for eternity and to do the work he started; to bring people into the new life of His righteousness by faith as opposed to our righteousness by works (human effort). We do not need be perfect before we approach Him. He knows our weakness and frailty, but by His resurrection granted us His righteousness, and all he requires of us is to preach His goodness to others that they might be free from the law, self righteousness, that he freed us from by ident

DESIGNING RESPONSIVE LOGOS

If you are here for the first time, you can get up to speed reading our previous post on what responsive logo is- Moving on! This article is not just for advanced or seasoned graphic designers alone. Starting your first designing class or DIY learning? If yes, you can also pick a few things to add to your knowledge as you plan on using your designing skills in the industry playground. How to design a responsive logo in FIVE easy steps 1. Make at least four different versions When you break down a responsive logo, you’ll find three or four different versions of the same logo, varying in size and their level of detail. Keep that in mind as you start experimenting with the format. If you already know where you are going to use your logos, you can model your four versions around those locations. If not, you can copy the format used by the top name brands on the right. Your first variation should be your master logo, containing all the information you want to communicate, plus any ex